Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Final Project




My final project idea is an extension of camouflage, and how people conceal their identies by projecting different characteristics they embody. As I reviewed my research package, I revisited words that related to camouflage such as to disguise, conceal, mislead, imitate, and hide. Once all my ideas were formulated and established, I began an elimination process of how I wanted the viewer to understand Tiffani’s interpretation of camouflage.The termonology I stated above, will be able to identify with my finished piece. I unpacked how identity could be concealed and I found several ways including split personalities, identification sources, aliases, etc. People commonly represent this idea on Halloween, when they dress-up in costumes and become impersonators. Therefore, I decided to use this theme by creating masks to represent how people accomplish displaying multiple personalities. My figures will be mobile, exemplifying human qualities and well blended into their surroundings. A hand will appear to rotate at the bottom of the screen and this will allow each frame to change. Towards the end, the hand will rise up from the bottom of the screen, grabbing the mask, as the persons identity is revealed, then immediatly concealed again.

No comments: